About Me

My photo
After getting my first passport in 2006 and traveling to climb Kilimanjaro in Tanzania my life changed. I began the process of getting rid of all my possessions and traveling the world. Traveling to over 125 countries and all 7 continents, hostels have been my home. This "new life" has taught me what is important and it was NOT accumulating money or possessions. Traveling is the best education. I hope my blog will encourage others to travel. My World Tattoo was a way for me to express my PASSION FOR TRAVEL.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2020

FRANCE, Paris

 September 6, 2006

After arriving in Paris, I checked into my room, showered and went out to explore Paris. A breakfast croissants at a local bakery and my FIRST EVER subway experience. This country boy from Louisiana was very apprehensive and a little scared of the unknown but quickly figured out how to get to the Arc de Triomphe and climbed to the top. Construction began in 1806 by Napolean to celebrate his armies victories. The Arc de Triomphe is also connected to the Champs-Elysees which is one of the main streets in Paris. Then to the Eiffel Tower which is probably the most recognized monument in the world. It was originally built as a temporary, decorative centerpiece for the 1889 Universal Exhibition but was saved from demolition and used as a radio tower because it was the tallest structure in Europe. Today, it is the very symbol of Paris. It blinks the first 10 minutes of each hour at night.

" If one of us dies, ' the husband told his wife, ' I shall move to Paris. "
                                                                                                Sigmund Freud

















No comments:

Post a Comment